So what happened?
My previous website was hacked. To the point where my service provider had to shut it down temporarily. I'm not certain, but I think that the hackers were either using my (admittedly unimportant) site as training, or they were creating email addresses from my domain and spamming people. So, I took out the corrupted files and caused minor damage to my site. But, I was planning to redesign the site anyway, and even had a design in mind, so I thought about getting started on that. I then started to get dead-link notifications for URLs like jlsmither.com/[name of my WordPress theme]/fonts/easy-payday-loans-peoria-illinois. I stepped up my redesign efforts and started looking around for a WordPress theme that fit what I had in mind. But I didn't find it. And a friend recommended Weebly. And, to my surprise, that had exactly the look I was going for and is SO MUCH easier to use! The only downside was that I had to transfer all the site content manually.
But it's done(-ish)! I think you'll like the new layout, which is much more visual than the last one. There's probably still some typos and other stuff that I haven't caught yet, and don't hesitate to let me know when you find them! One part I didn't bring over was the calendar--it was a lot to maintain, and I don't think it was very well used. If that was an important part of this site that you think you'll miss, please let me know that too!
So enjoy the new site! And look forward to more blog posts, like the exciting conclusion to Don Quixote! (I am aware that I'm the only one interested in that. Sorry.)